Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy father's day

I wish all the father's out there a memorable and happy father's day. I wish my own father one too. In Australia we celebrate father's day on the first sunday of September. 

But when in Rome, do like the Romans. 

I saw an interesting piece on father's day where President Obama asks father's to setup up to the plate and be father's. 

Father's should obviously be father's or they should think well in advance about being a potential parent. Procreation is not some form of experimentation, but a full time occupation.


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

h sled,

i happened to come across ur site, most intriguing i tell you.
on the topic of dads, where and when is it right to be a dad and when or where is it right to be a friend?
i have this problem with my teenage children. my dad was always strict and if i could say too much of a dad. i want my kids to have the best of both. my advice is to put yourself into there boots, see what they see, say what they would say, and then a dad would be ready to deal with an issue in the correct manner.
what do you think?

sled said...

Hey Anon,

thanks for stopping by. That is some good advice.

so what makes my site intriguing? please do share.

cheers

Anonymous said...

well, for one, as your imagination flows from your brain to your keyboard,it is all interesting to read and always mind boggling how you add the truth into everything, its not just opinion but fact as well!!

keep it up sled.

sled said...

Thanks Anon. I'll keep writing whilst you and others help by reading.

happy fathers day

Search This Blog

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers