Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Farewell August . wake me up when September ends.

Departures: August

Arrivals: September

Hi everyone, and hope that you are all doing fine (no swine flu). Well, I am back in Sydney, Australia and what can I say; it is too gorgeous for words.

I was welcomed back in many ways with open arms (some figurative). There is no other place like Bondi Beach and Oxford Street is divine. Along the way back to the southern hemisphere, I stopped In Los Angeles, for what I would a call a respite. I had the most enjoyable of times. I had great hosts, saw some great sights, ate some delights and most importantly got together with old faces and had many embraces. (I even saw a Michael Jackson impersonation on Robertson Boulevard in downtown LA.)

If you do happen to be in Los Angeles, I highly recommend that you cruise down the Pacific Coast Highway and stop into Moon Shadows, in Malibu. They make great Bloody Marys and their ambience is Pacific Coast style (literally, dining and drinking takes place on top of the ocean). I thank my sister Fraydie and friends for showing me some good times.

The end of summer is drawing near for those up north, while down south, the summery weather is looming, while the flowers are blooming. Everyone has their own stories and incidents that make up their highlights of the summer, and I would love to hear some of them.

My 3 favourite Summer 09 times were those spent in the Hamptons, my family’s visit to New York and my cousin’s wedding, (and not because they all involved much inebriation). The blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean, Frisbee on the long sandy stretch of New York’s Long Island, barbecue’s galore and happy times with family and friends.

August was fast and furious; just ask Usain Bolt who continues to break world records in the 100 and 200-meter sprint. In other news, I had some wisdom removed, the teeth type, and am healing. It dawned upon me that X-rays are X rated.

September is upon us, and this means that the Jewish New Year is imminently arriving. Parables are used as a tool to tell us that the King is in the field and that G-d is close to us, for us all to repent and return to. Let me hear your parables about the Queen.

I give my blessings for a healthy, wealthy and wise month.

Wake me up when September ends.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers