Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Make a toast in memory of my grandfather

Today 21 Kislev in the Jewish calender marks the anniversary of the passing of my grandfather Moshe the son of Nechemia, of blessed memory. My grandfather braved and survived the onslaught of Nazi Europe during World War II. 

Like many other survivors, my grandfather together with my grandmother Malka, may she be healthy till 120 and more, established a new family in Australia and maintained his relationship with his sole surviving son from before the war, who moved to Israel. My father was born to my grandparents in Sydney, where he was raised and brought up on the principles and morals of being a proper Jew. 

My Grandfather brought to Australia a rich infused homely Jewish culture that is not too commonplace these days. He infused in our family the directions and model of life we ought to live. 

May the soul of Moshe the son of Nechemiah be elevated to the highest of realms and merit to see him soon with the revelation of the Messiah.

He is the hero of my father. He is my grandfather.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

    Blog Archive