Sunday, December 7, 2008

My December visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art - The 'Met'


Visited The Met today. I attempt to see the Artworks every couple of months. Pictured above is was one my favourites of the day, Arkhip Ivanovich Kuindzhi (Russian, 1842–1910), labeled 'Red Sunset on the Dnieper'.

My favourite exhibit is that found in the Blanche and Levine court. Warhol, Johns and Scully found amongst the Modern Art.

There was also a 'Machzor' Jewish Prayer book, dating back to 1270 from Amsterdam, Holland on display. Beautifully scribed and full of colour and paintings.

I also perused the European Painting collections, appreciating the art of Courbet, Renoir and Fre're.

A great day out.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

    Blog Archive