Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The March to April

Spring has sprung here in New York as the March continues on into April 2009 for the festive month of Passover and Easter. Some of us will feast in the holy city of Jerusalem; others will enjoy the picturesque scenery of stunning Sydney whilst others will brave it out in the temperamental weather of Toronto. Of course, there is one man who will celebrate Passover from the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan as he awaits sentencing for his involvement in a mass Ponzi scheme.  Surely, he will be asking, ‘why is this night different from all other nights’?

Life is grand, I have made some progress in gaining employment and things look bright. The economic instability and rough market have made things tougher but one must hustle and scurry about in order to attain ones dreams.

The month of March has come and gone, but not without joyous times and celebrations. I wish my cousin Daniel congratulations on his recent engagement to Elana. May your lives be filled with much joy, love and happiness. I wish the families the same. Once again, my lovely sister Fraydie visited me from Aspen for the engagement party and we had a lovely time celebrating with the present and new families.

Idan Raichel, the eclectic Israeli musician visited New York and we danced and sang in unity. With a range of musicians from around the world including Israel, Morocco, Uruguay and an Ethiopian born in a Sudan refugee camp they played some melodious and richly infused music in Hebrew, Arabic, Spanish and Amharic.

Over March, facebook, the networking site got a facelift and now has a new appearance. This I believe is not one of Obama’s new changes. Time will tell.  I have read that a new Bill is to be introduced into the senate to allow for travel to Cuba. It is 47 years since diplomatic relations were severed between Communist Cuba and Opportunist America. This may be one of Obama’s new changes.

Finally the weather has improved and warmer temperatures greet the Wall Street financier in Manhattan and the artist in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The outdoor gardens are being opened, as the spring sun is slowly unleashed from its cage.  Moods changes with seasons, we live in hope that somehow some of the promised changes will also be evident.

I travel to Israel for Passover to celebrate the liberation of the Israelites from oppressive slavery in Egypt. I bless one and all with a happy, healthy and peaceful festival, wherever you find yourself. If you happen to find yourself in Israel, be no stranger and contact me. As some of you may know, I like to indulge in more than 4 cups of wine.

This is not an April Fools joke.

Peace out

Shlomy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog whilst looking, for an alternative to my child at he ski slopes in Canada. I usually wouldnt have looked at it for more than a second, after realising it had absolutely nothing to do with sledding. Your blog however struck a curios chord of intrigue and enchantment. I couldnt quite put my finger on it. I wasnt sure if it was the diversity of your blog, sending holiday greetings, each mn according to his religious inclinations. However i concluded that that was not it. Thn it dawned on me that it was a certain sense of care free charm that ahd me hooked, where you write about subjects with such freedom and passion, and yet the wit and lightheartedness, than comes to tell us how you dont really care about these subjects, because they are wasteful nonsense. It seems as though you depict through words that deep concept in your writing. So while I havent yet found a lope in canada that offers a faciity for my child to njoy the snow, I have stumbled upon a blog tht i will be visiting more often. In the spirit of sincerity, admiration and agreement. I say lets march our way into a pril of success plentiful. For if you have one leg on yesterdy and another on tommorow, youll be pissing on today

sled said...

Thank You anonymous for your words and support.

sled

Search This Blog

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers