Monday, March 1, 2010

February Fever

Hi, from New York City. I am here for a couple of weeks and then to Los Angeles before I return to Australian shores for Passover.

I finished up articles in Sydney and will be admitted as a solicitor in Australia in early April. This is not an April fools joke. Meanwhile I search for employment opportunities, while the unemployment rate rises.

It was good to be reunited in New York with all the familiar sights, plights and flights of stairs. Old faces fresh ones and then some more. The pizza in Williamsburg was tasty, the cheap shots in the Village were insipid and Harlem is still Harlem.

I completed the Rockefeller stair climb. 1200 odd steps in a 13-minute timeframe. The run raised money for Multiple Sclerosis research and I personally thank all those who contributed to this truly worthy cause. The evening, before all this took place was Purim. I’m just saying.

Oh, the media are at it again. The Mossad have been in the news, yes, this is big news. Sensationalism at its best and the ‘world’ is outraged because allegedly identities were stolen and used in the assassination of a terrorist. The world does not acknowledge that Israel is actually doing something constructive in eliminating terror.

The winter Olympics continue in Vancouver and Australia has a bright athlete in Torah – congratulations on your gold medal. Meanwhile, Chile felt the brunt of a huge earthquake and prayers go out to all affected.

Purim celebrations were fantastic (purimiscuous). The Megillah was read, Haman was pronounced dead and we consumed some red. Israeli hip hop-funk group Hadag Nachash belted out tunes, lyrics and Israeli graciousness. The parties continued throughout the day and night – down on the Bowery then later by Riverside. I am certain that I was unable to discern between the vile Haman and the virtuous Mordechai.

So we March into another new month filled with dreams, aspirations and ambitions. Yes, if you really want to go to Medical School, you should. If he asks you, say yes. (If it’s right.)

I wish you all a magical March

How was your Purim?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Israeli graciousness"? I hate to think...

sled said...

dare to think

Search This Blog

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers