Thursday, March 25, 2010

Los Angeles Rendezvous

It is called the City of Angels amongst other names and Los Angeles greeted me with amazing March warm weather.
First and foremost I would like to thank my sister Fraydie and my friend Sir Roth and his family for being such gracious hosts.

I literally walked over many stars and their stardom on Hollywood Avenue as I checked out the newly opened W hotel on the corner of Hollywood and Vine. I ate felafel on Melrose, whilst I perused boutique optical stores, vintage clothing outlets and tattoo parlours.

I watched as participants of the LA marathon ran, walked, hopped and skipped on Sunset Boulevard and further. Kenyans won both the men and women’s races. The African runners tend to have a hold on these long distance events.

In my first attempt up Runyon Canyon, I managed to acquire a new appreciation of the beauty of the city of Los Angeles. From atop the Hollywood Hills, a majestic view which stretches from the Pacific to the Valley and more. I was disturbed by the many dog owners, who did not clean after them.

I visited the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) and examined the works of Warhol, Koons and other contemporaries. Renoir was also on display. I also happened to stumble across the exhibit of pop artist Peter Max on Rodeo Drive.

A trip to LA would not be the same without visiting the picturesque coastal-beach town of Malibu. Situated on the Pacific Coast, with a population of 13, 000 this city attracts surfers, nature lovers and the keen tourist. It is home to the world famous restaurant Moonshadows, surfing competitions and great hikes.

Santa Monica in the wintertime is beautiful too. 3rd street promenade has an Apple store next to Mango. Street musicians from Mexico, Cuba and other Spanish speaking countries play tunes, which add to the ambience.

I could really have stayed longer but my Passover trip to Sydney stood in my way. Additionally, I am excited to meet my new gorgeous niece who entered planet earth on Tuesday 23 March 2010.

I intended to leave on the United Airlines flight on Tuesday evening, but the flight was cancelled due to an aircraft maintenance problem. 13 hours later, refreshed from a nights sleep and morning shower I was on my way as the Boeing 747-400 headed west in its ‘pass over’ the Pacific Ocean bound for Sydney.

I was finally redeemed from Los Angeles airport (LAX), may we merit the true redemption, and see you all in Jerusalem for Passover.


Peace. Sled is back in Sydney.

2 comments:

Fraydie said...

beautiful. you are so talented, i miss you!!

sled said...

thank you. miss you too. chag sameach

Search This Blog

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers