Sunday, March 28, 2010

The March to April.

The March to April has begun. The march to liberation is in progress.

Passover preparations are in full swing as I scrawl at the eleventh hour before celebrations and festivities begin.
Leavened food was searched for, and subsequently set fire to. Green leaves were washed and checked. Unusual unleavened bread called the bread of affliction (Matzah) awaits consumption. Dry red wines have been selected. Dishes have been meticulously cooked, fried and roasted. The list goes on.

I arrived back in sunny Sydney for Passover (not to forget those who celebrate Easter) from North America. I had a grand time, in New York, Toronto and Los Angeles. I saw all four seasons within the month of March. I saw snowfall, rain plummet down, sunshine and hurricane like winds. I had some interesting incidents on the bustling streets of New York City. I enjoyed Middle Eastern dishes, did not watch the Oscar’s and was shocked that Avatar failed to win.

Apparently the Tel Aviv weather has been spectacular. I reminisce the quality times I enjoyed in Israel over Passover in previous years. I recall the atmosphere and ambience in our holy, petite State and live in hope to be able to once again enjoy the festivities there. I pray for its protection, survival and preservation.

During March Obama signed a Health Bill, while Google moved out of China. Riots took place in Greece and Chile swore in a new President. Things happened, currency fluctuated and stocks moved.

I became an uncle once again and wish my sister and her family Mazel Tov (congratulations) on the birth of their new daughter and sister, Tirtza. May she grow up to bring us all much joy, smiles, hugs and happiness.

I leave my readers with blessings for a redemptive, meaningful and spiritually inebriated Chag (Festival). May the bitter herbs remind us of the hardships of life, but these trials can be washed away with the sweetness of red wine.
It has been long enough, let’s get redeemed.

Sled.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers